Director of Education, Swiss Finance Institute & Expert, Global Fintech Association
Dr. Rob Straw
With over 25 years experience in the banking and education sectors, I have focussed my work and interests on:
• the future of wealth management
• innovating processes, products and services to improve wealth management
• developing people who want to serve clients to delight them
My skill sets:
client centricity, innovative services for wealth management clients, market + client management, strategy design + implementation, target operating + business models, corporate finance, M+A, cross-border banking, mobile banking solutions, budgeting, forecasting and reporting, risk management.
People + Change:
Corporate communication, leadership + talent development, mentoring, coaching, change management, diversity management, GenY, organizational behavior and design, leadership training, executive training, financial training for millennials.
I have worked at the following organizations to pursue my interests and passion:
• Swiss Finance Institute – Director of Education
• Kickstart Accelerator – Expert giving advise and coaching to start ups
• KPMG – Head of Banking Strategy + Operations
• Credit Suisse – COO in Private Banking
• Credit Suisse – Head of the Finance + Risk Management Academy
• University of St. Gallen – Executive Director of the MBA programs, Senior Lecturer for Finance
• Pontifical Catholic University of Chile – Visiting Professor, MBA + EMBA programs
• Hochschule Esslingen – Professor, Founder and Director of the Esslingen MBA
• U.S Department of Commerce – Economist and International Trade Specialist
• American Greetings Corporation – Sales Manager
I hold a PhD in International Economics from the University of St. Gallen, an MBA from George Washington University and a Bachelor’s degree in English and Religion from the University of Richmond.
My life balance is rich. I have four daughters, (26, 25, 19 and 16) and two grandsons. I also play golf, run, and ski.